Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The First Tier of the 2012 Presidential Debates

My opinion on the first presidential debate is somewhat agitated (as well as delayed).

For anyone who reads this blog post, it is subject to be biased, and opinionated, since that is what blogging is all about. I apologize if it reads offensive or unfair. This is my blog, after all!

First off, the moderator, Jim Lehrer, pretty much failed at his job. He didn't moderate at all. He basically just let both Romney and Obama take advantage at his timidness. I was extremely irritated at his lack of moderating. To be a moderator, one has to be physically and vocally involved in an argument, and both parties must be told who is in charge. Lehrer, unfortunately, failed to do this.

If I was the moderator, let me just say that I probably would have yelled expletives to get both parties to stop talking, as well as threatening to shut off their microphones. I honestly don't know why the network didn't do this in the first place, like the Academy Awards does for winners who talk way too long. Another thing that should be included is a giant countdown clock that times out after two minutes in order to hinder the candidates from over-participating.

Overall, the whole debate itself was an F-. Both candidates were incredibly rude to the moderator, did not respect the time limits, and simply just ranted about their own policies and how the other was wrong. Obama was heavily disappointing to watch, and Romney just flip-flopped on every single issue. The moderator asked the most vague questions, and the whole debate was pointless.

I'm hoping that the American public saw the same issues behind the debate, and I am praying to the gods above (if there are any) to let the next debate be somewhat meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment